Friday, May 6, 2011

Oh to be a poet...

My students have started working on poetry. It amazes me that despite the uniform dismay that an announcement of poetry brings, there is so much engaged interest once you begin. It does help to remember that poetry is still alive and kicking in the form of music and rap.

Along that line, I thought I would share a piece of my own poetry that isn't posted on the website:

The Silent Hunter

Over the hill,
Silent and still,
Stalked the lonely hunter.

"Pale-faced skin,"
Said the Indian,
As he laid his eyes upon her.

Her mind heaven-sent,
Her heart innocent,
She bathed in the pool by the falls.

The knife in his hand
Was stayed by the man,
Who lived inside his heart walls.

His mission to kill
Had left his will;
No longer burned the fire.

He turned his back,
And walked the track,
Alone, through the woods of desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment